[Openpxa-users] Colibri PXA320 Power management question

Eric Miao eric.y.miao at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 22:06:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dne Čt 12. srpna 2010 12:02:17 Yuri Ludkevich napsal(a):
>> Hi there :)
>>
>> I have a question about power management of Colibri PXA320 module:
>> I found that bits PVE and FVE in PVCR register are disabled,
>> so at frequency change voltage will not change.
>>
>> If I turn on PVE and FVE with pxaregs tool - voltage changes just fine.
>> Where are suitable place in the kernel for PVCR initialization?
>
> I believe kernel should handle all that. Eric CCed.

Yep. Some of the design doesn't use the built-in power I2C at all,
they use some non-standard I2C power management IC. So this
should be handled in kernel indeed. The currently problem is that
we don't yet have a clean framework, some platforms are writing
directly to these registers to configure, which should be avoided.