[RFC] SDMA support for i.MX

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:38:14 EDT 2010

Hi Sascha,

On 2010-08-09 11:05, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ever wondered what's hidden behind the tons of SDMA/iapi stuff in the
> Freescale kernel? It's a nice and convenient to use DMA engine. The
> following patches add support for it.

Nice!

> git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/sdma-firmware.git
>
> As the layout of the firmware is not given by fsl but by me it should
> be part of the review.

I don't have any comments on the layout but some general comments on files in sdma-firmware.git:

Some files are missing copyright and license information.

Shouldn't the gen_one() function do a free(name) also when everything is successfull? I.e. before return 0.
Also, in case of errors after line 67, fclose(f) should be called.

Regards, Magnus