Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

Mihai Donțu mihai.dontu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:15:25 EDT 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010 20:55:08 Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 07:35 AM, Mihai Donțu wrote:

> >> that or just blast them with some cryptology..i.e. pretty sure if your
> >> message was encapsulated(AH/ESP) they couldn't tweak it.. but then
> >> sending such encryption to a public list would require a _key_ on the
> >> other side.. wishful thinking...
> >> (just a thought)...
> >
> > Shouldn't just signing the message be enough? The server (normally) would
> > not alter it, otherwise it will break the signature (which is a too
> > obvious bug even for Microsoft). Or am I missing something here?
> >
> > PS: A local SMTP with DKIM signing capabilities could be another
> > possibility, assuming Exchange does not break such signatures.
>
> yeah that would probably be just enough to get through without Microsoft
> mucking around with the font etc.., but the biggest problem(I see) with
> the encryption is having the key on the other end of the line.

Wait. I don't think we're on the same page here. I'm talking about message
signing (which does not require the receiving end to have any key - it's the
same plain text e-mail with a blob after it) while you refer to actually
encrypting the message. Mm? Or am I being extremely slow today? :-)

--
Mihai Donțu