Kernel for PXA 270

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 13:04:27 EDT 2010

Dne Pá 6. srpna 2010 09:29:25 Unnamalai Kanchi Bashyam napsal(a):
> Dear Marek,
>
> I am working on a custom board similar to MainstoneII (PXA270) DVK. I tried
> building the Android kernel 2.6.29 with Mainstone configuation. But it
> seems to be broken - getting many undeclared symbols in the folder
> arch/arm/mach-pxa/. The kernel that comes for MainstoneII board from
> Marvell is v2.6.14 which differs gravely with v2.6.29, for mach-pxa
> architecture.

Please ALWAYS CC linux-arm-kernel mailing list. ALWAYS!

> I found that you are maintaining the linux kernel for PXA platform -
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/marex/pxa-linux-2.6.git.

You're wrong, Eric actually does (look for ycmiao tree). That tree above is
based on Erics. You can use either anyway, the difference isn't big. But for
development, you should use the "devel" branch.

Android kernel is probably totally fscked up, because android kernel
{\flame is a pile of crap applied on top of linux kernel (I assume google people
will hate me here)}. You have to ask google to help you with android.

If you need help with something that's part of mainline kernel, you should
supply information necessary to debug that problem (like the output you get).