Merge request of s5pc210 universal board.

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Fri Aug 6 00:43:15 EDT 2010

Kyungmin Park wrote:

> Dear all,

Hi,

> Now I checked the next-v310 tree and know that only LSI required codes
> are merged.
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-
> samsung.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/next-s5pv310
>
> I can't find any reason to omit the universal board file. It's posted
> before merge window and no difference with LSI SMDK board at current
> status.

Please answer my concern..I already replied to you about this.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2010-July/022087.html
---
> >> +config MACH_UNIVERSAL
> >
> > As I still asking, do you _really_ want to use 'UNIVERSAL' as the
> > board(machine) name?
>
> Yes, it's called 'universal' and it's really universal board at here.
> I don't confuse the engineer who develop this board.
> Maybe your engineers saw and hear the brief description about universal
board.

Actually, I know that. But there are S5PC100, S5PC110 universal board
also...
So I asked to you that you _really_ want to use 'universal' here...and I'm
still concerning.
---

> I try to support our board at mainline kernel but it seems to make a
> difficult with unknown commit criteria of LSI.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.