memblock glitch

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 4 06:41:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 09:54 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> You could do, but do we want to introduce size checks for pfn_valid?
> I'm slightly concerned because it can be a hot path.
>
> If all entries in memblock are already page aligned, if addr falls
> within a memblock, it must cover the entire page so checking the size
> seems redundant for this case.

Ok, I've done a separate function for single address and range for now.
Feel free to look at my memblock branch in powerpc.git.

I'm still thinking however whether I should just expose a
memblock_pfn_valid() that can be directly hooked up to arch that wants
it to limit the overhead to a minimum..

Cheers,
Ben.