Question about armv7(cortex-a9) dcache initialization.

ikjn tiffang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 05:55:31 EDT 2010

Now I think that it is a bootloader requirement.

And in the arm linux kernel's booting requirement,
"Data cache must be off and must not contain any stale data."
And today I found a code for invalidating dcache in omap4 bootloader
source code.

So it's okay to clean & invalidate in kernel init procedure.
Boot loader should initialize all caches before use.