PPI interrupts on SMP

Nagaraja Rao, Shubha shubhan at quicinc.com
Tue Apr 27 09:28:51 EDT 2010

Hello

I am working on an ARMV7 SMP system with GIC.  One of the subsystems uses a peripheral interrupt that is local/private to each CPU core (PPI interrupt). The interrupt number is same on all CPU cores.

The request_irq() call works for the first core the interrupt is requested on, however on the second core that it tries to request, it fails with the error "Unable to request IRQx for ARMv7".

Is there any solution to get this interrupt working? I noticed that other similar private interrupts (timer, IPI) have special processing in entry-armv.S

Thanks

Shubha