kernel virtual memory access (from app) does not generatesegfault

Dave P. Martin Dave.Martin at arm.com
Thu Apr 22 06:56:09 EDT 2010

Hi there,

To clarify:

	* I haven't tested this on 926 myself
	* On armv7, I have observed the problem only on *old* kernels
(<2.6.32; which lack any of the patches under discussion)
	* Using 2.6.34-rc1 (from rmk's versatile branch) on armv7, I get the
expected SEGV when userspace tries to execute >= TASK_SIZE

so...
	* Sasha's problem is caused by a problem in the current kernel on
926.
	* My problem relates to v7 and has already been fixed (but isn't
fixed in the Ubuntu kernels yet)

The test case was

int main(void)
{