iMX31 LogicPD LiteKit Kernel 2.6.33.2

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Wed Apr 21 18:47:37 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 04:35:12PM -0600, Badguy Badguy wrote:
> Thanks for your input.
>
> I got the NFS to mount, was missing an option in the config.
>
> but now I get a panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

That can have tons of reasons. Try setting CONFIG_DEBUG_USER=y in your
.config and pass user_debug=255 in the kernel command line. That will
give you a more verbose output about why user space programms crash.

> I verified I am passing the string via bootloader:
> init=/sbin/init
>  this is a symlink to my busybox.
>
> I think perhaps this is a complier problem, not 100% sure tho.
> I believe I have recompiled the busybox via ltib and that should have solved it.

Earlier in this thread you said that you run the same RootFS with an
older kernel, at least I got you so. If that's true, compare their
configs again.

My rough guess is some confusion in the OABI/EABI and floating point
settings.

> can you tell me what toolchain you are using to compile this kernel?
> where you obtained it? did you compile it yourself?

I'm using buildroot (http://buildroot.busybox.net) for such things, and
the complete toolchain is built from scratch, yes. Eventually, you'll
get a complete rootfs.

Daniel