ep93xx SPI driver v3

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Mon Apr 19 02:48:09 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 08:53:28AM +1200, Ryan Mallon wrote:
> Martin Guy wrote:
> > If we can get that working, a reasonable second stage would make it
> > work for ep93xx-SPI transfers, making SD card access even less
> > CPU-intensive
>
> Sine the M2M DMA support for the ep93xx is not in the mainline yet, I
> would be happy for the SPI driver to be merged without DMA support, and
> to have it added at a later date.

Yeah. This discussion actually referred to future improvements. We
can implement DMA support later on.

BTW: do you guys think that there is any real use of polling mode
in the driver or should I drop it out completely? I mean, if we are
going to add proper timeout / error reporting for polling, it makes
the driver more complex.

Thanks,
MW