iMX31 LogicPD LiteKit Kernel 2.6.33.2

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Thu Apr 15 03:58:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 02:02:47PM -0600, Badguy Badguy wrote:
>  I am attempting to boot the 2.6.33.2 Kernel on the LogicPD LiteKit iMX31.
> we have a board based on this one, and I am using it and the dev kit with no
> success.
>
> I see a lot of support in the mainline kernel for this board, is it safe to
> assume someone is able to boot this board using it?
>
> I am running the lolo bootloader from Logic, version 2.4.0.
>
> I have compiled the kernel using a fairly new ltib environment.
>
> Currently I run 2.6.19.2 from Freescale / Logic with success but now desire
> to upgrade the kernel to something with better MMC support, I am not stuck
> on 2.6.33.2 if someone can recommend a newer kernel that has some of the
> support I desire.
>
> When I attempt to boot the kernel, It hangs and this is my only output:
>  Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Ah, one more thing: You need to pass a new variable to the kernel upon
startup: "mx31lite_baseboard=1". This was done in order to split module
code from baseboard code.

In case you're using the 2-stage loading mechanism, you need to teach
this to your first-stage loader.

Also make sure you're downloading the full image to RAM from LoLo. The
new kernel is certainly bigger than the version you currently use.

Daniel