[RFC] Initial attempt to make ARM use LMB

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Apr 8 14:27:15 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 09:02:56PM +0530, Rabin Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:32:48PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > The patch below is the combined patch; individual patches can be found
> > in the arm:lmb patches on the website or the lmb branch of my git tree;
> > this should be considered unstable.
>
> Something like the following is needed to make initrds work after this
> patch:

This to me looks like a very large patch for what is a small problem -
that is the assignment of initrd_start/initrd_size got lost along the
way.

I'd much rather have the smaller patch; keep the initrd parameters in
the physical address space for as long as possible, and only convert
them to the virtual address space once we've finished mm initialisation.