Memory corruption with 2.6.32.10, but not with 2.6.34-rc3

Uwe Kleine-König u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 5 06:59:57 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 06:58:57PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:51:44AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 03:21:56PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
> > >
> > > I can cherry-pick things if anyone pin-points something and run
> > > lont-time tests again. Any pointer appreciated.
> >
> > Oh, how about running 'git bisect' to try to find the solution?  Just
> > remember to reverse 'good' and 'bad' for when you tell git bisect what
> > the results are.
>
> Jep, I thought about that of course. But unfortunately, the platform
> got merged mainline in the middle of that time window which makes
> bisecting tricky. And worse than that - every test run take around half
> a day at least :(
What you can do is backport the platform-support on top of rev initially
marked good (in a branch named say foo) and when asked for testing do:

	git merge --no-commit foo
	<test>
	git reset --hard
	git bisect {good|bad}

Assuming the platform-support got in in one go (and you shouldn't test
in the middle, which you can simply skip), the merge should always work
just fine.

Best regards
Uwe