PXA168 suspend/resume issue and set_wake

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 04:00:00 EDT 2010

Hi Arm friends,

A quick question for you. I am experimenting with a PXA168 device and
noticed some odd behaviour with resume. The device can suspend and can
then be resumed, at least to serial console level after a gpio button
press. But then as part of the resume, I see some messages about
unbalanced IRQ wake disable. Then after that, button presses no longer
generate any interrupts. The irq count remains what it was at the
point of suspend. I took a quick scan at the PXA168 source code and
noticed:

pxa168.c:
pxa_init_gpio(IRQ_PXA168_GPIOX, 0, 127, NULL);

So no set_wake function, which I think explains the unbalanced IRQ
wake messages since gpio-keys would have tried to enable_irq_wake on
suspend which would do nothing since above has no set_wake and then on
resume gpio-keys would try to disable_irq_wake and cause the
unbalanced IRQ wake disable. But I haven't quite understood why the
buttons fail to cause any interrupts after that. Has anyone
encountered anything similar and if so any patches I could look at?

Thanks,
jaya