S3C6410 SDHCI driver crash

Maurus Cuelenaere mcuelenaere at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:06:40 EDT 2009

Op 24-09-09 21:00, Ben Dooks schreef:
 > On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 05:32:37PM +0200, Maurus Cuelenaere wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> I'm currently experiencing an SDHCI bug in 2.6.31 and linux-next, which
 >> didn't
 >> seem to appear in 2.6.31-rc8.
 >>
 >> This is on a new S3C6410 platform (SmartQ 7, see [1]) and it seems to be
 >> consistently happening right after displaying "Loading hardware
drivers" (in
 >> user-space; Ubuntu-based).
 >>
 >> The relevant kernel log lines are:
 >>
 >> blk: request botched
 >> kernel BUG at drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c:298!
 >
 > Having a look at the code in mainline, this is being triggered in
 > sdhci_write_block_pio(), by the following code:
 >
 > 296     while (blksize) {
 > 297             if (!sg_miter_next(&host->sg_miter))
 > 298                     BUG();
 >
 > Which suggests that the size of the transfer was bigger than the sg list
 > passed to the transfer, which is worrying as this seems to suggest there
 > is a problem with the PIO code writing insufficient data to the card.

An update on this: apparently this issue was caused by using the EXT4 driver
for loading an EXT3 FS, so it has nothing to do with the SDHCI driver...

Sorry for the false alarm.

I also want to mention that the ADMA patch from kki_ap/linux-2.6-samsung.git
seems to be working smoothly here.

Regards,

Maurus Cuelenaere