Problem with mxc_nand driver

Jernej Turnsek jernej.turnsek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:41:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

after writing root fs image into nand partition, running the image and
then checking the first empty block I've got following OOB data which
is suspicious to me:

OOB:
	ff ff 85 19 03 20 ff ff
	ff 65 02 08 00 00 00 ff
	ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
	ff ff 03 ff ff ff ff ff
	ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
	ff ff 03 ff ff ff ff ff
	ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
	ff ff 03 ff ff ff ff ff

One can see that bytes on offset 2 to 5 are not empty and when using
the smallpage_memorybased badblock_pattern byte 6 is not FF like it
should be.

Anyone knows what is going on here?

PS: for the not empty pages all first 6 bytes are FF.

BR,
Jernej