S3C64xx backlight PWM misinited GPIO pin

Maurus Cuelenaere mcuelenaere at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:23:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

Are the GPIO pins used as PWM (e.g. GPF15) supposed to be set to special
function 2 in the bootloader/mach file or is this just a bug in the PWM
driver
in current mainline?

Without doing the below, backlight PWM doesn't work for me:

static int smartq_bl_init(struct device *dev)
{
     s3c_gpio_cfgpin(S3C64XX_GPF(15), S3C_GPIO_SFN(2));

     return 0;
}

static struct platform_pwm_backlight_data smartq_backlight_data = {
     .init        = smartq_bl_init,
};

which doesn't look like it's the way to go..

Do I need to set some kind of config option (mach-hmt doesn't seem to
need the
above change) or .. ?

Regards,

Maurus Cuelenaere