Problems with pthread on ARM/PXA270

Juergen Schindele schindele at nentec.de
Thu Sep 24 04:34:33 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 schrieb Juergen Schindele:
Hey all,
i've done some tests on different platforms

running OK on x86 openSuse 11.0
- SCHED_OTHER OK
- SCHED_RR OK

on pxa270 (xscale) platform
compiler gcc 4.2.0
with glibc 2.5 (NPTL) from CodeSourcery
Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q1-10
on Kernel 2.6.20
- SCHED_OTHER works fine
- SCHED_RR does not work at all

on the same pxa270 (xscale) platform
compiler gcc 4.3.3
and glibc 2.8 (NPTL)  from CodeSourcery
Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203
Kernel 2.6.20
- SCHED_OTHER only one thread is running all the time
  other threads are blocked.
- SCHED_RR does not work at all

on ixp425 (xscale) platform
compiler 3.3.2
with glibc 2.2.5 (not NPTL)
from uclinux
kernel 2.6.16
- SCHED_OTHER
First no thread are running. 30 minutes after starting the test all threads
are started and running. It's unbeleivable !!.
-SCHED_RR does not work at all

Why is SCHED_RR only running on x86 platform ???
Where is the difference in handling between SCHED_RR ans SCHED_OTHER ?
Any comments or helps ????

E-Mail:  schindele at nentec.de
WEB:     www.nentec.de