SPI, DMA and an i.MX31

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Sep 22 08:23:00 EDT 2009

On 09/22/09 10:00, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi Rene -

> Wow, there seems to be some interest in this :-)

Yes, I'm working on an iMX31 board at the moment and would love to see
DMA at the platform level too.

> At the moment I'm just trying to get it to compile. If that works I
> should somehow verify that the api is 'still' working (there are)
> drivers that could be compiled to thest it, right :?)

Take a look at ./drivers/mmc/host/mxcmmc.c -->

#ifdef CONFIG_ARCH_MX2
#include <mach/dma-mx1-mx2.h>
#define HAS_DMA
#endif

If you jiggle that around to match your DMA patch, then you should be
able to test the SD Card relatively straightforward since the same
driver is tested with DMA on those platforms presumably.

-Andy