ARM linux mailing lists FAQ about floating point support.

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Thu Sep 10 16:44:31 EDT 2009

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Pitre wrote:

>>> And just how would EABI solve the issue?
>> By allowing to mix soft-float and hard-float programs with only one libc?
>
> Err... How?

Well, I read somewhere that EABI allows mixing soft-float and hard-float
code and must have assumed it was true. But you made me doubt.

But since compiling both a hard-float program and a soft-float program
with the same toolchain does not produce any compilation or link-edition
error, I still tend to think it is true.

I just need to run the test on actual hardware to finish checking.

--
					    Gilles.