Samsung S3C6410 mainline merge coordination

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Sep 3 07:06:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:21:02AM +0900, Joonyoung Shim wrote:
> On 9/2/2009 10:44 PM, jassi brar wrote:

> > S3C2410 has I2S-2.0, S3C6410 has I2S-3.2 and I2S-4.0, S5P6440 has
> > I2S-4.0, S5PC100 has

> I wonder what mean the numbers(2.0, 3.2, 4.0, 5.1). Does it mean I2S
> version simply? If it is version, what is the differences of each I2S
> version?

It's just the version numbers for the IP blocks.  The differences tend
to be in the addition of new features to the blocks, plus occasional
reorganisations of the register maps.  For example, the v4.0 block added
two extra data out lines for 5.1 audio support.  Since you work at
Samsung I suspect your best bet for documentation on what's going on is
to find an internal source - sadly the datasheets and other detailed
collateral are not public but I'd expect that they are available within
Samsung.