Samsung S3C6410 mainline merge coordination

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Thu Sep 3 06:04:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

 >> > I am also working on a "canonical" PWM backlight driver using the pwm_bl
 >> > lcd support and the 6410 pwm timer support in next-s3c.  It is mostly
 >> > working and should be ready to push soon.
 >>
 >> I belive Peter Korsgaard's patch has already been merged to move the
 >> s3c24xx pwm code into the s3c.

 Harald> It's not yet in mainline, but if you believe it has been
 Harald> merged, then it should be a matter of time, right?

It's in s3c-next, so it should reach mainline in the upcoming merge
window.

 Harald> So yes, this needs a lot of thought and work, and I would
 Harald> rather want to see the less controversial 6410 bugfixes and
 Harald> drivers as well as the core support for the s5pc100 go in soon
 Harald> rather than spending months and months working on fancy jpeg
 Harald> accelerators...

Agreed.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard