Samsung S3C6410 mainline merge coordination

Bill Gatliff bgat at billgatliff.com
Wed Sep 2 23:31:13 EDT 2009

Harald Welte wrote:
> Of course the higher-end SoC's are not only targetting mobile phones or
> navigation devices, but are also aiming at mid's or even netbooks - just like
> all the ARM SoC vendors are currently doing.  Going for the netbook market
> means you need to support not only one distribution but many distros.  Doing
> that almost inevitably means that you have to take your code mainline.

Keep in mind that solid mainline kernel support gives you a huge
advantage in the catalog chip market, too.  Atmel leads the way there,
but TI has apparently "seen the light" in the last year or so, observing
what they are doing with their OMAP35xx chips in particular.  I think
it's wise for Samsung to push hard in this direction as well.  I'm glad
to see this announcement.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff