Samsung S3C6410 mainline merge coordination

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Sep 2 18:26:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 08:10:26PM +0100, Ben Dooks wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 09:01:59PM +0900, Harald Welte wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 05:43:14PM +0800, tommy.hong wrote:
> >
> > > does it support X kdrive 2D accelerate ?
> >
> > X / kdrive is not part of the linux kernel.  Therefore, it is unrelated
> > to the Linux kernel code that we are working on.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that pretty much no-one uses the fb driver
> acceleration, I'm not even sure if it has even been exported outside
> the kernel, so isn't really a lot of use.

having cursor acceleration and things like bitblit for srolling is a real
pleasure if you ever happen to work for more than 5 minutes on the framebuffer
console, especially on a system that already has a quite high load at that time.

It sort-of is a standard feature, and at least in the x86/PCI/AGP world, I
am not awaer that any framebuffer driver would not support it.  That's why I
had it on my todo list.