Samsung S3C6410 mainline merge coordination

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Sep 2 08:15:59 EDT 2009

Hi Nelson,

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 04:51:56AM -0500, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> > * port existing s3c_ts driver to use s3c_adc_register()
> > ** has anyone been doing wokr on this already? ben?
>
> (jumping in)
>
> I worked on this starting from some work done by other members of this
> list. This is the ported version of the driver. It depends on the
> touchscreen filters developed by Andy Green and enhanced by me while
> working at Openmoko. I've already applied most of Andrew Morton's
> feedback (a lot) to the TS filters but I haven't submitted them again
> for upstream review (A filter still needs to be modified and I know
> how to do it but I haven't finished this change).

Hi, thanks for your feedback.  I think it is somewhat "dangerous" to create a
dependency from s3c2410_ts (which schould be renamed to s3c_ts by now) to the
ts_filter work.

I'd personally prefer to decouple those two, i.e. first submit the s3c_ts based
on adc.c without ts_filter, and then add the ts_filter core (plus support
for s3c_ts) later on.

I suppose you don't mind, so we'll go ahead with this and submit s3c_ts this
way.

Regards,