Possible suspend/resume regression in .32-rc?

Eric Miao eric.y.miao at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 08:56:19 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
> Is anyone using suspend/resume with a recent git mainline kernel on PXA
> or other ARM embedded boards? My platform used to suspend and resume
> just fine on 2.6.31 but now as I rebased it, it fails the resume part.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't bisect it as the platform is not mainline yet and
> so I always have mandatory patches (without my platform won't do
> anything) on top of the git repository. Which breaks the bisect logic.
>
> What puzzles me is that I see the current raising at wakeup time, so at
> least the processor seems to resume, but I can't see any serial console
> output, just like if the kernel crashed very early after wakeup.
> 'no_console_suspend' didn't help either.

That will be very difficult to debug then. There are not many changes to
the suspend/resume as I can recall since 2.6.31. One suggestion if
you want to debug this is - add a dead loop at the suspicious place,
and see if you JTAG debugger can connect at that time - and of course
the PC is pointing to that dead loop to identify the point it can reach.