S3C6410 board (SmartQ 7) USB host issues

Maurus Cuelenaere mcuelenaere at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:24:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm working on getting mainline Linux working on the SmartQ 7, a Samsung
S3C6410 board.

I'm having issues getting USB host to work, when I try to attach a
device (Logitech mouse in this case) to it I get "device descriptor
read/64, error -62" errors. Then it gets a new address assigned and gets
back to the same error (this loops around 4 times, then Linux seems to
give up).

This board doesn't have a separate 48M clock source, so I'm currently
changing the USB host clock source to EPLL in my board config like this:

struct clk * usb_clock, * mout_epll;

usb_clock = clk_get(NULL, "usb-bus-host");
if(usb_clock == NULL) {
     pr_err("%s: failed to get usb-bus-host clock\n", __func__);
     return -ENXIO;
}
mout_epll = clk_get(NULL, "mout_epll");
if(mout_epll == NULL) {
     pr_err("%s: failed to get mout_epll clock\n", __func__);
     clk_put(usb_clock);
     return -ENXIO;
}

/* setup clock */