ep93xx Ethernet hangs!

Markus Kreidl markus.kreidl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 07:02:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using a 2.6.30.4 kernel for my ep93xx ts-7260 board.

Test scenario:

I wrote a udp server/client application to test the ethernet
interface. The server is implemented in the ep93xx board.

a) the client connects to the ep93xx board and starts to send data
(length 100bytes) to the ep93xx board and waits for same data to be
retransmitted.

b) ep93xx board receives the data and sends it back to the client.

c) After the client receives the same data retransmitted data, the
client retransmits one byte longe data to the  ep93xx board.

This game will be repeated till a data length of 65000 bytes is reached.

Problem:
Sometimes this test can be done two times without any problems, but
when a problem occur the client application is waiting for the
retranmission of sent data package. Also the ep93xx board is not
pingable from a third computer.

The same effect on kernel 2.6.27.10

Hints are welcome.

Markus K.