[WARNING] pxamci: 'pxa2xx-mci.0' does not have a release() function.

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Mon Oct 26 14:48:15 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:58:52AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:18:06AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:50:28AM +0200, Antonio Ospite wrote:

> > > A little more background: we need pxamci to be a child of SPI because
> > > our PMIC is connected via SPI, and a PMIC regulator is used for mmc
> > > powering; enforcing this hierarchy is needed to make pxamci suspend and
> > > resume properly.

> > I don't think this is the right solution - and I don't know what the
> > right solution would be given that the interfaces I suspect you need
> > aren't public.

> Um, why not ask the SPI maintainer?  I don't know what the SPI code is
> doing, sorry.

It's not specific to SPI - the problem is the need to express ordering
constraints in suspend/resume that go beyond what the device tree gives.

I believe that the pm_link stuff in -next is what's needed here?  I was
planning to look at this within the regulator API before the next merge
window so that I can hopefully have something ready for -next after that
(or possibly even get it in in the same merge window if the cross tree
issues aren't too painful).