about ARM11 WM9715 no sound when resume

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Oct 22 06:39:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:58:09AM +0800, tommy wrote:
> Platform:Linux 2.6.24.2

This is a very old kernel, I would strongly recommend upgrading to
something more current, it will make it much easier for you to seek
upstream support.

>               When MCU resume from suspend,no sound but can also
> playback from start to end!
>                It has sound only by modifing sound setting applicantion
> program!

The wm971x ASoC drivers have suspend and resume support which is fairly
widely used on a number of platforms.  However, there may be problems
with the CPU drivers.  As a first step I would suggest checking to make
sure that the master clock to the CODEC is restarted after resume and
that the AC97 link is succesfully restarted.