Sitara ARM processor family announcement (v3)

Kridner, Jason jdk at ti.com
Wed Oct 21 14:34:12 EDT 2009

I believe many of you have likely seen the new Sitara ARM product family announcement[1] as part of broadening our ARM product portfolio[2].  This family draws processing cores from the DaVinci family of DSP/multimedia devices and OMAP family of low-power devices and focuses on markets like industrial automation, point-of-sale, medical instrumentation, digital signage, portable data terminals, test & measurement, and single board computers.

The important thing is where will the community collaborate on the Linux kernel for these new devices!  To help decode the broad number of part numbers and brands, I'm creating a wiki table that shows where TI will be submitting our patches to handle the new devices and as a place holder for frequently asked questions[3].

Regards,
Jason Kridner

[1] http://www.ti.com/sitara
[2] http://www.ti.com/arm