zaurus suspend saga: 2.6.32-rc3

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sun Oct 11 11:59:45 EDT 2009

Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using patch similar to this for debugging:
>
> ...and good news is that it blinks after pressing of power button.
>
> ...core > pm_test also works.
>
> I also verified that end of pxa_pm_enter() is reached (with similar
> blinking patch). End of corgi_pxa_pm_enter() seems to be reached, too.
>
> Any ideas what to try next?
> 								Pavel

For the Mitac MIO A701 board, with a similar problem, I had :
 - removed almost all drivers (except screen and USB for control)
 - realized that the culprit was amongst drivers (which resumed in a loop in
 that time, should be the same now)
 - added some way to find which one failed (in my case, I chose morse code
 through the buzzer to "speak" the device's name)
 - found out the driver faulty code
 - fixed it
 - retried, cheered.

As soon as you reach a resumed screen, it becomes easier :)

That's a very tedious and long fight, good luck.

Cheers

--
Robert