ucb1x00 patches

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Oct 7 04:12:35 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:56:42AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> Dne St 7. října 2009 09:13:22 Lothar Waßmann napsal(a):
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thomas Kunze writes:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I posted these patches at linux-arm-kernel as part of the patchset
> > > "collie and SA1100 patches".
> > > Could you please comment on them? I'd also like to know you opinion on
> > > moving ucb1x00-ts.c to
> > > input/drivers/touchscreen.
> >
> > What about the ucb1400_ts.c which is already there?
> >

> I'd be for unifying all the ucb drivers into a single one, but Russell was
> against it iirc.

They're different beasts, and I really don't think they should be unified.
They have different register layouts, and different access arrangements,
which need different handling.

The result is that the UCB1200/UCB1300 support gets unnecessarily penalised
when UCB1400 is integrated - instead of merely taking a spinlock and
accessing the register, you have to ensure everything you do is in thread
context, including interrupt handlers.