Strange rejection messages -- was Your message to linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval (fwd)

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Oct 5 08:08:02 EDT 2009

On Mon 2009-10-05 12:51:59, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:

> > > Thats the thing... I just got "suspicious header" message in mail inbox,
> > > and I forwarded that. I tried googling for message subject, and yes it
> > > hit lkml, but google will not tell me if it was delivered to linux-arm...
> >
> > Of course it was delivered.
> >
> > Pavel, what is so hard for you to understand? In order to keep spam and
> > other noise on the list down, some mails are trapped for _MODERATION_.
> >
> > When this happens, you get notified. It is not a _bounce_; it is not a
> > _rejection_. I will not even bother _looking_ if you make stupid claims
> > like that again.

Well, I get notified that it was trapped, but that's about it. I do
not get notified when it is forwarded, I do not get notified _why_ it
was trapped, and I'm not even told which exact message was that.

Maybe the "trapped for moderation" message simply should not be sent,
or only be sent after mail is in queue for 24 hours or something?

> > This happens on lkml too, but the only difference is that you don't get
> > _told_ about it.
>
> I guess Pavel wants to know what's suspicious about it, so he can
> avoid being stuck in the moderation queue in future.

Yep.