SPI, DMA and an i.MX31

Wolf, Rene, HRO-GP rene.wolf at mbda-systems.de
Thu Oct 1 06:42:02 EDT 2009

Hello @ all.

For the rest of the previous week I was trying to get the SDMA to work
with CSPI3. I did not succeed in that. But also could not verify if
I did it wrong or if the SDMA api is failing. What works, is to register
a channel with the SDMA. This shows up in '/proc/sdma/channels', freeing
that channel also works. A new irq pops up in '/proc/interrupts'.
And I managed to get the software callback to work, at least once.
Because I don't know how to use the api of the SDMA I cannot say if I
did the correct setup sequence. Also there seam to be more than one way
of doing that.

I made a git patch based on 2.6.31. It is around 2 megs. and bz2 of it
is still some 200 kb. I guess I should upload it somewhere. Plus I hope
to get a small demo code ready, to show what I tried.

@Andy:
May be you might try that with your mmc app. some time :-)

At the moment I'm waiting for green light on posting that patch, which
hopefully will arrive soon.

Cheers
Rene

Rene Wolf
LFK-Lenkflugkörpersysteme GmbH
Human Resources Operations & Policy, HRO
Landshuter Straße 26, 85716 Unterschleißheim, GERMANY
Phone: +49 89 3179 8337
Fax: +49 8252 99 8964
E-Mail: rene.wolf at mbda-systems.de

http://www.mbda.net

Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Antoine Bouvier
Managing Director: Werner Kaltenegger
Registered Office: Schrobenhausen
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Ingolstadt, HRB 4365