IXP425: help on HSS channelized service

Davide Di Gesualdo davide.digesualdo at kaskonetworks.it
Wed Nov 25 08:34:31 EST 2009

Hi Krzysztof,
thanks for your answer..

 > The buffers have different structures for RX and TX.
Do you refer to the tx_pointer_lists (which is not present for rx
buffer)? The organization of rx and tx buffers isn't the same? If I want
to read bytes of timeslot "ts" at offset "off", is it correct to read at
position "chan_rx_buf(port) + CHAN_RX_FRAMES * ts + off"?

 > Looks like a modified code from one of my ixp4xx-[0-9][0-9] branch.
It IS a modified code from your ixp4xx_hss.

 > Have you tried using the original code in e.g. ixp4xx-31?
I cannot use right the original code because I need transfer callback in
kernel space, not in user space..

 > You may need to make some trivial changes related to "MVIP".
Sorry, what changes do you mean? Keep in mind I have one channel per
timeslot (maybe you refer to the possibility to have more channels?)

Thank you!

Davide

--
Davide Di Gesualdo