IXP425: help on HSS channelized service

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Thu Nov 26 14:39:33 EST 2009

Juergen Schindele <schindele at nentec.de> writes:

>> The buffers have different structures for RX and TX.
> This was a very good hint :-). I discovered that the
> "struct desc" used in the kernel mainline driver is quite
> different from the one used in INTEL code !?????.

Actually I meant the structures for channelized I/O RX and TX.

> When I replace the "struct desc" (see below) it works fine for me.
> Isn't there a general problem with this driver when it works only
> for channelized mode (your case) ???

It most certainly works in packetized (HDLC) mode.

Perhaps you're using IXP46x/43x CPU and the new firmware (3.x)?
The driver works with fw 2.4 (and some older), i.e. the last firmware
which works with IXP42x and 46x/43x.
--
Krzysztof Halasa