IXP425: help on HSS channelized service

Juergen Schindele schindele at nentec.de
Tue Nov 24 10:22:43 EST 2009

Am Dienstag, 24. November 2009 schrieb Davide Di Gesualdo:
> Hi all,
Dear Davide,
i am using ixp4xx-hss for an HDLC.X21 frontend in packetized mode
with all timeslots from kernel version 2.6.27.36
To receive correctly i had to modify the parameters
in "hss_config_set_pcr" function. I compared to intel software stack
for IXP425 which was already working for us.

in function static void hss_config_set_pcr(struct port *port)
-		msg.data32 = PCR_FRM_SYNC_OUTPUT_RISING | PCR_MSB_ENDIAN |
-			PCR_TX_DATA_ENABLE;
+		msg.data32 = PCR_FRM_SYNC_ACTIVE_HIGH | PCR_MSB_ENDIAN |
+			PCR_TX_DATA_ENABLE | PCR_FCLK_EDGE_RISING | PCR_FRM_PULSE_DISABLED;

Nevertheless i am receiving correct data but packet len is always zero!
Have you already encountered this ???

Bye
> I'm writing a kernel module for a HSS channelized service on IXP425
> processor, based on ixp4xx_hss. I'm developing on a IXDPG425 Intel
> board, and the HSS bus is attached to four Si3210 ProSLIC chips.
> The purpose of this module is to read/write from/to HSS 8-byte buffers
> in raw mode (no particular alignment is required). In write direction,
> everything seems ok: if I write a buffer like
> char buf[] = {0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb, 0xcb};
> on a fixed timeslot and then read the TXD pin signal with a scope, I can
> see the correct waveform at the correct place; I've also tried to write
> a tone with a fixed freqeuncy, and I've listened it correctly.
> The problem comes with read direction: I've tried to make a loopback by
> copying the rxbuffer in the txbuffer, but I can't hear my voice back
> (instead I hear something like a continous buzz). I'm quite sure I read
> the rxbuffer in the correct way (I do the same when I write txbuffer,
> which works properly!). This is the ISR for HSS read-complete interrupt:
Jürgen Schindele
Software-Entwicklung

NENTEC Netzwerktechnologie GmbH
Greschbachstr. 12
76229 Karlsruhe
Deutschland
Telefon: +49 721 94249-51
Telefax: +49 721 94249-10
E-Mail:  schindele at nentec.de
WEB:     www.nentec.de

Geschäftsführung: Klaus Becker, Roland Knapp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 107658