imx27 - hanging at freeing init memory -- getting some junk characters here after on console ..

Martin Fuzzey mfuzzey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:07:14 EST 2009

> Assuming this is the reference hardware which you're running on, others
> should be able to reproduce this error. Unfortunately I can't help here,
> as I don't have access to any MX2 based hardware. Anyone else?

Mainline (2.6.32rc5) works fine on MX21 for me.

I also have a MX27 based board (Eukrea CPUMX27 module not a ADS) which
worked fine on 2.6.30 (haven't tried since - could do so if no one
else has a ADS handy).

I think it was mentionned somewhere in the thread but what is user
space doing? - didn't see any reference to init=/bin/sh in the kernel
command line log.

Another idea would be to patch drivers/serial/imx.c so that
imx_set_termios() and imx_setup_ufcr() are NOPs; that should leave the
UART config as the bootloader set it - which seems to work.

[even though the bit time is correct maybe its a word format error...]

Martin