New mach and platform support : lpc32xx

Kevin Wells kevin.wells at nxp.com
Fri Nov 13 12:15:07 EST 2009

Hi,

We are the process of getting Linux optimized to the NXP LPC32X0 SoC and would

like to get the files submitted for inclusion into the mainline. Currently, this

consists of 4 CPU variants (all very similar) and 3 different boards (all very

different!).

The kernel and most of the drivers have been ported to this board for about a

year now, with occasional tweaks needed as the kernel version progresses. A

number of developers are using the kernel on these boards now. We are getting

a lot of requests to get this into mainline!

I don't want to deluge everyone or anyone all at once, but would like to get

this started!

Most of the work for this is already done up to 2.6.32-rc6. Whats the best

approach to get started here? I would like to start small with just the basic

arch files with 1 or 2 boards and later add in the other support as more of the

optimzied chip specific drivers are merged in. As of now, the only change

required ouside of the existing kernel source tree is the arch/arm/Kconfig and

arch/arm/Makefile files and the addition of the arch/arm/mach-lpc32xx/ subdir.

Should I start posting patches for the basic mach- area first?

thanks,

Kevin Wells

NXP Semiconductors