[alsa-devel] i.MX audio support

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Nov 19 13:54:27 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 06:53:27PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> My work isn't based on the mainline driver but some older (also
> Freescale based) code. Putting this into an incremental series would
> mean quite some work.

That's not really my point - my point is that one way or another the new
code needs to update the existing code.  I don't want to end up in a
situation where we have two different drivers in mainline since that
will create user confusion and a greater maintinence burden.  I'm not so
fussed about how exactly that is achieved.