cache aliasing in dup_mmap

Steven Walter stevenrwalter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:08:01 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm afraid that I have nothing further to suggest, and so I'm shelving
> the patches.  That means this problem will remain unresolved in future
> kernels.

I had the tester restart the reboot-loop, and so far it's done ~1200
runs with no problem.  I'm thinking now that either I hosed something
up with the build initially, or else the tester didn't flash it
correctly.  1200 runs isn't enough to be conclusive, but it's a lot
better than 88.  I'll let you know when we have something more
definitive.
--
-Steven Walter <stevenrwalter at gmail.com>