ARM kirkwood: how to run kirkwood_pcie_init() from kernel module

Dieter Kiermaier dk-arm-linux at gmx.de
Wed Nov 18 02:09:35 EST 2009

Hi,

> please note that this function linked into the init section.

I was not able to call the kirkwood_pcie_init. Is there a way?
My idea after fighting a few hours with this issue was that
I couldn't call init functions because init code is freed from kernel after bootup,
isn't it?

But finally I got it working with fakephp by doing:

#disconnect my fpga
echo 0 > /sys/bus/pci/slots/0000:01:08.0/power
#disconnect my bridge
echo 0 > /sys/bus/pci/slots/0000:00:01.0/power
#
flashing my fpga.......
#initiate bus rescan
echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/rescan

I have no idea why it doesn't work without fakephp (because pci subsystem also allows disabling
the devices via sysfs) but if I did it without fakephp
echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/rescan
has absolutely no effect.

But now it works as expected.

Many thanks,