tree with htc dream support

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sun Dec 27 05:18:24 EST 2009

Hi!

> > Switch smd code to the version in staging. Something to apply to
> > dream/ tree I'd say... and yes, it still works.
>
> I think we might want to consider leaving at least the core smd code
> under mach-msm.

In the long run, I agree.

In the short run... the code is staging quality, so it should be in
staging... and you'll not have to mainain so huge diff. (-20 kLoc).

> To start with it's specific to the 7k/8k platform, not dream (though
> that may just be a quirk of how things are named in staging).  Also
> the lowest layers (proc_comm and smsm_state stuff) are required for
> clock control and basic power management to work -- they're kinda
> joined at the hip with the platform.  It seems weird to me to have the
> necessary bits to implement clock/power/pm outside of the mach/arch
> space.

Agreed, but... I don't see much effort merging 7k/8k patches. And I
believe its better to use code that's already in staging/ to keep
diffs small. Renames are easy with git, and yes, we'll need to do some
moving when code is clean enough.

But that's how staging/ works: all the code there will need to be
moved to the proper places...

> The higher level stuff (qmi, rpcrouter, smdtty, etc) could easily live
> elsewhere (though I'm not sure where the best space in the drivers
> hierarchy for them would be).

drivers/mfd? Yes, we'll have to rename once the code is clean enough.

	     	  	     	       	    	     	Pavel