Amba device porting

Roman roman.tereshonkov at nokia.com
Mon Dec 28 06:02:25 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 05:50:09PM +0100, ext Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:19:02PM +0200, Roman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I planned to port the omap3 SDTI (Serial Debug Trace Interface) driver to amba based interface.
> >
> > SDTI memory map is two parts composed:
> > 0x54500000 0x5450FFFF 4KB       SDTI module (configuration) - coresight based format.
> > 0x54510000 0x545FFFFF 1984KB    Reserved
> > 0x54600000 0x546FFFFF 1MB       SDTI module (window)
> >
> > But amba interface seems to support only one memory region resource.
>
> The 'amba' interface is more a primecell interface.  Is SDTI a primecell
> peripheral?  If not, then it shouldn't be using the AMBA "primecell" bus
> support.

Yes, SDTI can be considered as a PrimeCell IP.
SDTI is the Coresight component which is the subgroup of PrimeCell.

So my question is still valid.
How does the 'amba' interface handle the fragmented memory regions?
I understand that for the right Coresight IP it should not happen and the whole register space should be continous and ended by the Peripherial and Component Ids.
If I use SDTI module (window) memory region as a static definition inside driver will my patch be accepted?

Regards
Roman Tereshonkov