Need information on how to use PCM on versatile application baseboard running ARM Linux

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 03:33:50 EST 2009

Hi ,

         I needed an information , this is about playing a file
decoded by Tremor decoder on the versatile baseboard , I was guided by
the Tremor forum and this is the command I was asked to execute

<decoder program> | aplay -f S16_LE -c 2 -r 44100

       The decoder in this case is the tremor . Could you please let
me know if I wanted to play out a file through the PCM on the
versatile application baseboard running on ARM 926EJ-S , how would I
do it. ? I am running Linux kernel version 2.6.26.5 for ARM .

       The on-board sound modules are active , I can play mp3 files ,
but when it comes to playing raw audio files through the PCM I am not
able to  . Please let me know if you need any other clarification .

Regards
Diptopal