tree with htc dream support

Brian Swetland swetland at google.com
Sun Dec 27 15:20:02 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel at ucw.cz> wrote:
> On Sun 2009-12-27 10:35:38, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Hi!

>> > I do plan to look at these, but I don't know when I'll get to it.
>>
>> So... this switches qdsp5 code from private version to version in
>> staging. It actually boots.
>
> And when I replace .c's in qdsp5 with -msm version, it also works,
> with diff being reasonably small.
>
> Now... how does camera driver work? I did not drivers/media/video/msm/
> driver into the kernel, but camera application seems to still
> work...?!

Depends which version of the camera userspace code you've got.  The
stuff for cupcake/donut talks directly to the DSP and the DSP
interacts with the VFE (video frontend, the camera data transport).  I
believe the new camera driver bypasses some (all?) of that and deals
with the VFE directly.  At least on 8k that's how it works (no DSP
involvement at all).

Brian