[samsung-soc] CPUfreq Linux clock API question

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Dec 11 09:01:57 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 02:47:06PM +0100, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> The clock API used at S3C64xx seems not to allow for setting rate of two
> clocks simultaneously (or am I wrong? :-) ).

Yes, the Linux clock API doesn't support that.

> If this change would not be possible, then have anyone thought about the way
> to provide such functionality?

Is it really needed?  The clock updates usually need to be serialised
anyway by virtue of having to update multiple registers.  If it is
required I could see doing something like have "start updates" and
"commit updates" calls which would allow updates to be batched.