USB support on i.MX27

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Wed Dec 2 03:43:03 EST 2009

Hi Daniel and Alan,

Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 12/1/09, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
>> Hmm, I don't follow. You added some debug output and it started working,
>> is that what you say? Do we possibly need memory barriers somewhere?
>>

> Basically it, but I will do more tests to isolate the issue.
>
> In fact there is a board where the issue remain, but using old kernel
> (2.6.22) both work.

I am also investigating this issue. The same happens sometimes with my
USB host with ULPI-ISP1504, but it never happens with the USB slave with
the exact same hardware ULPI-ISP1504, that's why I have the feeling that
it's a purely software issue.

I also had the feeling that it was a timing issue (maybe with a clock
not ready at the right time) and what I read from Alan comforts me with
this feeling. But I haven't been able to isolate this either.

Best Regards

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch, Phone: +41216937827